Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gridlock in the Legislative Branch

I strongly agree with the internal gridlock in the United States legislative branch. I once said " when the law making and law enforcement powers are united in the same person... There can be no liberty."   By this I meant that I do not believe that one person should hold all the powers which causes there to be a seperation between the government. I also think that there should be checks and balances between the three branches of government which means each branch can override another branch. Gridlock arises when checks and balances work so well that they prevent anyone from doing anying. I agree with this because it the price we have to pay to use checks and balances. Is way the majority of the people are agreeing with the things pass and the smaller percentage is not controling the country.

http://webcache,googleusercontent.com
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/montesquieu/montesquieu-bio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment